Vacancy for Sub Organist
GUILDFORD CATHEDRAL seeks to appoint a Sub Organist, encompassing organ playing, choral directing and administrative roles. The post allows a professional cathedral musician to develop their skills, whilst contributing significantly to the life, worship, ministry and outreach of the Cathedral.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- A talented musician in sympathy with the worship, ministry and ethos of Guildford Cathedral.
- A skilful liturgical organist and accompanist of the highest order, capable of accompanying three Sunday choral services and regular weekday Evensongs.
- An inspiring player who can communicate a wide repertoire of music, and has a thirst for developing their repertoire.
- An able choral director, who would relish the opportunity to work regularly with the boys, girls and men of the Choir.
- a team player, cognisant of the needs of the whole Liturgy and Music Department and Cathedral.
For more information please contact the Organist and Master of the Choristers,
Katherine Dienes-Williams: email@example.com
For further information or if you requite a pack emailed or sent please contact Carolyn Howard-Jones:
Closing date for applications is Monday 13 February 2017.
Shortlisting will take place between 13 and 17 February.
Interviews will be held 23 and 24 February.
Appointment is subject to enhanced DBS clearance